Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh, Birthday Brother!



My Jo turned 5 today!!!



I can hardly stand that he is not a wee, fluffy-headed bundle of heaven any more. I miss those days, but look forward each day to witnessing his joy for life. His excitement and love make my day, every day!



Even though he speaks the truth without guile ("Mommy, I like your chubby!"), he also often expresses his love to me and plants a big kiss on my cheek.



He is 5 going on 10, and the large gap between him and "the brothers" is not always enjoyable, but I would never have missed the opportunity to be his mommy and witness to the stages and phases he is going through, and seen the love his older brothers have for him.



Happy Birthday, my Jo! Thanks for another reason to celebrate!

3 comments:

ec said...

he is so cute!

i miss that fuzzy headed little baby too...he was too sweet.

miss you all.

Mom Penny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAH.

Did you see the other greetings in time, the ones in the e-mail and on the blog?

What was in that lovely long package?

We love you lots, Grandma and Grandpa Penny. xxxxxx

Amber said...

I can't believe it! Happy Birthday Donut! He is really cute! Great pictures!