Friday, December 14, 2007

Mercifully Brief

Enjoy the following video in THREE EASY STEPS:

1) rotate your head 90 degrees to the right, or rotate your monitor 90 degrees to the left,
2) laugh uproariously (snorting is optional--no donkey laughs, please),
3) wet yourself.





I could spring for Quicktime Pro and turn that around for you, or I could go and refilm it, but considering it took me 4 months to get it the first time, I think we'll just leave it as is. What say?

Here's something we've blogged about before: it's more, um, interesting in person, but snapping a shot is tricky. So here's the leader of the "free" world demonstrating with the help of the House of Saud:



"Bushie, I wish I knowing how for to be quitting you!" Don't we all.


News this week: Christopher returned safely from a three-day school trip into the desert, during which he rappelled, sand-boarded, dune-busted, man-eating ant-helded (parallelism trumps grammar), camel-rided (again), port-a-potty-potty-ed, and several other hyphenated-ed things. He had a blast, and is a better man for it all. We're very proud that he dove in like a Cahoon (Mom, you know that the Pennies, me excepted, of course, are panzies when it comes to the New, especially if the New involves the potential for death) and survived like Robinson Crusoe.

Also: school concert.



He's got rhythm. Just not sure which.

Next week: more signs of the climes to make you chortle (or at least chuckle, Amber--maybe snigger, if we get it wrong, or guffaw if we score big). Update on the Big Eid-y. Perhaps a comment or two about the Christmas concert I participated in this evening.

Shout Outs:

All y'all for making last week's the most commented on post thus far: so two were double posts and one was Wendy (how dare she speak for herself without written and rubber-stamped permission from the Y-chromosome!), but still: good showing.

Some clarifications: hmac (good to hear from you, by the way), some Bible, some B o M. Be happy to explain by email.

mom penny: mama c is Erin (Darren's trouble and strife), not Joanne. Joanne is gramma c, but only rarely posts comments for . . . reasons. Don't really know. But yes, you are both lucky to have such handsome grandsons. It was a dirty job, . . . .

Mark: Wha?

adam: we went right out to the Tweety Saloon and got Jonah's hair cut. Or rather his bowl cut. Scary moment there. Also, they don't call me Francis Ford for nothing. Actually, they don't call me that at all. But maybe they should.

Saw two movies last week: Elizabeth and Michael Clayton. Where, you ask? In the theatre in the mall five minutes from our door. Great popcorn, some other weird snacks, and twittering little twits of adolescents being very obnoxious during Elizabeth. It was almost as bad as going to a movie with Joanne (sorry, mom), who laughs at all the inappropriate moments, and Drew (sorry, Dad), who makes whole cities cower in fear with the sound of his munching.

Neither recommended, by the way. (The movies, I mean.) Meh.

Peace out.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Hahaha! is all I have to say! Yup, I laughed right out loud a couple of times. I'm glad to hear that the Cahoon in Christopher is coming out! Way to go Chris! I think we need to see Jonah's hair cut too. Is rugby over for the boys? How was your bday, Jon? Did you do anything fun?

Adam said...

I have to admit, that makes way more sense than a blinking hand. Looks like they call it like it is in the UAE. I'm going to lobby to have those installed in Victoria...only they'll have to add a walker.

ec said...

amen to adam. way better than the hand.

Gramma C. said...

I guess it is time for my yearly comment, since it is Dec. 31st. Happy New years eve!!!! Can't wait to experience Al Ain with all of you Penny's, then you can witness me laughing at all the wrong moments. Sorry for the personality flaw but I have a good time and am healthy because I laugh alot!! love, Gramma C.